Welcome to our website! Here you can familiarize yourself with advanced technical development of modern mechanical engineering – Non-Friction High-Torque Variable-Speed Drive.
High-Torque Variable-Speed Drives are one of prospective directions of modern mechanical engineering, which is developed in the laboratories of Moscow State Agroengineering University Named after V.P. Goryachkin. Non-Friction High-Torque Variable-Speed Drives have great prospects of application in different power units. At the same time the usage of High-Torque Variable-Speed Drives allows considerably to improve technical characteristics: to increase the effectiveness of power of internal combustion engines and electric motors, to increase efficiency, improve operational characteristics. The application of Non-Friction High-Torque Variable-Speed Drives as the basic transmission drive units, if there are no ineffective friction variable-speed drives or expensive and complicated for service automatic multispeed transmissions, allows to reduce the production cost of vehicles and in such a way to increase efficiency and profitability of production.
In the course of the development of High-Torque Variable-Speed Drives, we have introduced many unique engineering decisions, protected by domestic and foreign patents.
The main characteristics of High-Torque Variable-Speed Drives, which single out them effectually as compared with traditional transmission units, are represented below.
- Variable-speed drives are intended for smooth variation of gear ratio of the input and output shafts without interruption of transmitted power. Under these conditions, possible situations are shutdown under load and output shaft reversal.
- The suggested variable-speed drive is a non-friction one, therefore its transmitted torque is considerably higher than that of the friction variable-speed drives, because in general it is limited by the gear system strength.
- At the constant speed of the input shaft, the speed of the output shaft is constant as well. The rotation irregularity factor of the output shaft makes up zero. In the variable-speed drives the inertial forces come to balance.
- The dimensions, cost and mechanical efficiency coefficient of variable-speed drives are on the level of multiple-speed gearbox.
- The field of application is rather wide, mainly in the drives of vehicles, which work in unsteady power and kinematics conditions: urban transport, agricultural, construction, railway, military engineering units, processing equipment.
- The variable-speed drives will allow to compensate the poor traction and dynamic characteristics of internal combustion engines and replace more expensive hydraulic or electric transmission in motor vehicles and tractors, which is applied now. As well, they will ensure reduction in prices and improvement of technical and economic characteristics of processing equipment at the expense of application of variable-speed drive with asynchronous motor as the continuously variable drive, for example, for metal-cutting machines and rolling mills.
- The authors have developed the kinematical and dynamic calculation of variable-speed drive, designed cam variable-speed drives with output shaft torque 950 and 1600 Nm, manufactured the high-torque variable-speed drive (200 Nm) with unique overrunning clutches and are ready to manufacture variable-speed drives for various purposes.
Prof. of MSAU Pylaev B. V., PhD (Engineering)